Saturday, July 19, 2008

Why why why?

Why, I ask. Why do so many obvious art-haters attend art museums? I went to the MOMA on a leisurely Monday afternoon and what do you think I found? Wonderfully creative works of art? Wrong. I found thousands and thousands of tourists in large groups(and with their many very young children) wandering around speaking and laughing very loudly throughout the building! Were any of them there for the art? No! Why would you want to quietly ponder art in a beautiful museum? Wouldn't you rather snap pictures of every single item on display and then view them at home in a slide show on your personal computer? Well, this is the one and only picture I took in the MOMA. I was standing in a little corner window trying to hide from the ruthless "art lovers."
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: